As an educational association, HFTP’s core purpose is “to lead and advance the hospitality profession by providing a forum for continuous learning and knowledge sharing.” The HFTP Connect blog furthers this purpose by collecting the latest research, expert guidance and different perspectives on hospitality and technology trends, best practices and challenges.
The transfer of knowledge among professionals in the industry is integral to its growth and evolution. For this reason, HFTP regularly invites hospitality professionals to contribute to the association’s official blog.
MEET THE OFFICIAL CYBER HITEC GUEST BLOGGERS
Katie Paolino, CHAE is co-founder of Hotel Solutions, LLC and HFTP’s 2020 Certified Hospitality Accountant Executive (CHAE®) of the Year. Paolino will be honored with this award during the HFTP Awards Ceremony and Annual Business Meeting at Cyber HITEC on Thursday, October 29.
Claire Kenney is marketing communications manager at Evention LLC. She has contributed her HITEC experiences on HFTP Connect in the past and is looking forward to the first-ever virtual HITEC experience.
Paolino and Kenney will be attending Cyber HITEC and writing about their experiences and learning opportunities during the event. Produced by HFTP, HITEC is the world’s largest hospitality technology conference and this year, it has gone virtual. Cyber HITEC will be held live October 27-29, 2020 and remain available on-demand through November 25. Learn more by visiting the Cyber HITEC website and register today.
EDUCATIONAL BLOG CONTRIBUTIONS
Here are some of the highlights from guest contributors during the past few months:
For Club Professionals
- “Watch Your Step: Ethical Pitfalls for Today’s Clubs to Avoid”
By: Daniel Conti, Jr., CHAE, CAM
- “Club Tax Expert Explains New IRS Guidance on Employee Social Security Payroll Tax Holiday”
By: Brad Steele, JD
- “Silos and the Social Club”
By: James J. Reilly, CPA, JD
- “Private Clubs and Moving Past COVID-19: Re-opening Considerations”
By: Amber Stone, CPA
For Hotel Professionals
- “The Little Known but Mighty Facts of the USALI Schedule, 11th Edition”
By: Agnes DeFranco, Ed.D., CHAE, CHE, CHIA, CAHTA
- “Budgeting for 2021: What Is the New Target?”
By: Arlene Ramirez, MBA, CHAE, CHE, CHIA
- “Summary of Social Distancing Technologies in Hotels: What Are Our Guests Telling Us”
By: Agnes DeFranco, Ed.D., CHAE, CHE, CHIA, CAHTA and Cristian Morosan, Ph.D., MSc, CHTP
- “Self Service Analytics: How Small and Independent Hotels Can Use Sentiment Mining to Leap Ahead in Post-COVID Revival”
By: Sanjay Nadkarni, Ph.D.
- Seven Things Travel and Tourism Companies Should Consider During the Covid-19 Crisis”
By: Hadleigh Ford
For Young Professionals
- “A Millennial’s Journey to Professional Certification”
By: Andrew Buwalda, CHAE
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE
If you are a hospitality finance or technology professional and would like to contribute to HFTP Connect, please review the guidelines on the blog website and submit your interest to email@example.com.
Please note: All blog content must be original (cannot already be published elsewhere) and educational. Sales-oriented or promotional content violates the blog guidelines.
Read MoreAs an educational association, HFTP’s core purpose is “to lead and advance the hospitality profession by providing a forum for continuous learning and knowledge sharing.” The HFTP Connect blog furthers this purpose by collecting the latest research, expert guidance and different perspectives on hospitality and technology trends, best practices and…